Literature Review Nursing Dissertation Topic
A thesis or a dissertation is a research study on a specific topic produced by students as part of their higher education qualifications. The most interesting feature of a dissertation is that it provides an in-depth and well-rounded analysis on the research topic in order to address the aim and objectives of research. Choosing an appropriate dissertation topic isan extremely important step towards producing a detailed and relevant research study.
This blog post aims to help students to select the most appropriate dissertation title in accordance with their research interests. It should be noted that the subject of nursing encompasses various areas of knowledge including but not limited to general nursing, community nursing, public health, environmental health, mental health, clinical management, health organization and occupational health and safety.
So there is plenty to whet your appetite here. Nursing dissertations can be based on either primary research or secondary research. Primary data nursing dissertations incorporate collection and analysis of data obtained through questionnaires and surveys. Secondary data nursing dissertations, on the other hand, make use of existing literature to test the research hypothesis.
Nursing and Medicine Dissertation Topics for 2018
Developing effective nursing strategies for dealing with patients possessing acute and chronic pain: Case study of NHS
Purpose: The concept of nursing has evolved since recent times. Many health care institutions have developed effective strategies to increase nursing efficiency. Therefore, the main purpose of the research is to develop effective nursing strategies for dealing with patients possessing acute and chronic pain by analyzing the cases study of NHS.
Critical analysis of community nursing and health care needs: A comparative analysis of UK and USA
Purpose: Nursing and health care needs have a direct and positive relationship. The main purpose of this research is to conduct a critical analysis of community and health care needs. This research will be comparing the nursing practice of UK and USA and provide recommendations to improve the existing strategy.
Analyzing the societal acceptance of Marijuana: The case of developing countries
Purpose: The purpose of this study is to contemplate upon the key benefits that the use of Marijuana, within a medicinal capacity, has. Ideally, in developing countries, the use of Marijuana is considered as a “Taboo” or unacceptable by the members of the community/society. Hence, the study intends to analyze the societal acceptance of Marijuana within developing countries.
“Our expert dissertation writers can help you with all stages of the dissertation writing process including topic research and selection, dissertation plan, dissertation proposal, methodology, statistical analysis, primary and secondary research, findings and analysis and complete dissertation writing. Learn more about Research Prospect dissertation writing services. “
Mental Health Dissertation Topics
- Investigating the effectiveness of psychiatric treatment and medicine for patients suffering schizophrenia – A qualitative study based on UK mental health nurses and patients
- Exploring the legal aspects of mental health research in the UK
- To study and determine the causes to increasing number of suicides in the urban youth population in the developing world
- The role of socioeconomic backgrounds on mental health of individuals
- Investigating the impact of early maternal mental illness on children
- Parents with serious mental health problems from the perspective of professionals who offer support
- Treatment of mental health difficulties by combining psychological and complementary therapies
- To perform an interpretative phenomenological analysis to treat older people with long term mental health difficulties
- To identify the barriers and risks associated with personalization within the context of mental illness
- To explore mental illness by conducting a biographical narrative study
- Deconstructing mental health difficulties: A critical enquiry into the views and opinions of professionals dealing with families, parents and children
Also Read: Education Dissertation Topics Ideas
Occupational Safety and Health Dissertation Topics
- To investigate occupational health and safety risks in the UK health care sector: Preventive techniques and recommended practices
- A quantitative study to evaluate the understanding and knowledge nurses have of occupational risks in operating theatre environment
- To investigate the impact of occupational safety and health on job performance of nurses
- To identify and discuss factors affecting the practice of occupational health nursing in London
- The role and impact of occupational safety and health in medical clinics
- To identify and discuss key occupational safety and health risks, challenges and concerns in China
- Workplace health management and the role of occupational health nurses
- Increasing work pressure and occupational health concerns
- Occupational safety and health risks and practices among Filipino nurses
- Adopting a multi-climate approach to address patient safety issues in nursing work environment
- To assess and understand occupational risks and nursing duties from an ergo logical perspective
- The need to realise the increasing importance of occupational safety and health issues in industrialised societies
“Complete this short online formand provide as much information as possible to receive instant quotes from our writers specialising in your area of research.”
Environmental Health Dissertation Topics
- Improving awareness on environmental health issues by encouraging community participation
- To identify and analyse various environmental health concerns in the health care sector
- To determine the possibility of food poisoning and foot related illness in urban regions from the perspective of environmental health
- Constrained ordinal models with application in occupational and environmental health
- To examine the impact of second hand smoke on public health with particular focus on the relevant control strategies
- An investigation into the attitudes of bar staff workers to environmental tobacco smoke and the varying provision of smoke free areas within public houses
- To study and understand the impact of traffic calming procedures on local air quality
- Investigating how reusable cleaning clothes can help to reduce cross contamination within the food industry
- Analysing older driver behaviour and road safety
- To review public health nurses’ opinions on environmental hazards and health effects
- Disposing toxic wastes from the perspective of environmental health
- Recommended sanitary hygiene practices for developing countries – A quantitative study
- A qualitative study to address arsenic and lead poisoning issues
Related: Environmental Engineering Dissertation Topics
Evidence Based Practice Dissertation Topics
- To identify and discuss evidence based practices that enable nurses to provide high quality care
- Use of evidence and knowledge management in clinical practice
- How the health care needs of elderly cancer patients can be satisfied with evidence based nursing programme
- Investigating the use of evidence based medicine for disease management
- To study the effectiveness of evidence based practice in health care industry
- To investigate the relationship between evidence based practice and research process
- To study the basic principles of evidence based practice in UK health care industry
- Why is it critical for nurses to base the foundation of their practices on reliable evidence?
- Barriers to implementing evidence based practice and the strategies/organisations used to avoid these barriers
- The role of ethics and leadership in evidence based nursing practice
Not Sure Which Dissertation Topic to Choose?
Use Our Topic Planning Service
GET A FREE QUOTE NOW
Health Organisations Dissertation Topics
- The Highest Attainable Standard: The World Health Organisation, Contentious Politics of Human Rights and the global health governance
- Factors contributing to efficient service delivery – A qualitative study on implementation of health policies in Argentina
- Integrating technology, process and the people in lean healthcare
- Should World Health Organisation do more to satisfy the health care needs of people in developing world? – The current programmes and future ambitions
- An investigation in the health care plans and associated costs of countries across the globe
- To study strategic management policies and strategies of World Health Organisation
- Investigating the power, culture and dynamics of National Health Service in the UK
- Factors influencing the healthcare policies of new health organisations
- The extent of NHS focus on providing services to elderly
- Research trends and directions within World Health Organisation
Midwifery Dissertation Topics
- Exploring practices and experiences of midwives in regards to the evaluation of maternal postnatal genital tract health
- Investigating midwifery practice in third stage of labour
- To study the professional care in midwifery practice with focus on woman centre care
- To determine the factors contributing to midwives decision to stay in midwifery
- How midwives perceive normal birth and how their ability to practice and support normality might be influenced by the professional and organisational culture of a maternity unit?
- A feminist techno science perspective of the midwife’s role
- To investigate the challenges associated with carrying out a water-birth randomised controlled trial
- To what extend midwives can facilities informed choices among pregnant women?
- To identify and discuss the factors influencing competence of midwives in a clinical setting
- The role of midwifery in relation to health risks to women due to postpartum depression
- The impact of community participation on social inclusion, self-perception and everyday lives of participants
- Quality of life, good practices and senior citizens in residential care homes
- To investigate the impact of existing welfare ideologies and policies on elderly in Leicestershire
- To what extent the community care has met the needs of elderly with mental health difficulties after being discharged from long stay psychiatric clinics? – A review of literature from the past 10 years
- Exploring the relationship between ethnicity and community nursing facilities in London
- Obesity awareness and prevention: Can food labelling help to deal with obesity problems in the USA?
- The role of community nursing practice in relation to health promotion
- Recommended practices and policies to ensure high quality community nursing services to pregnant women
- Health care needs of children and the community nursing service in Leicestershire
- Factors affecting quality of life of the older people – A review of community nursing practices and challenges
Children Health Nursing Dissertation Topics
- Improving, recording and perceiving school children’s health from the perspective of school health nursing
- Critical evaluation of child health nursing through education and practice
- Identifying challenges and support processes of child health nursing in developing countries
- To investigate the skills and abilities require to promote and sustain the emerging practice of child health nursing
- Leadership and intellectual skills needed to be successful in positions of leadership and caring for children
- Caring for young people and children with complicated health needs
- To explore the effects of child patient death on nursing staff in a clinical setting: A literature review
- To understand children’s perspectives on community nursing
- To identify factors that can help to improve breastfeeding initiation practices among community nurses in the UK
- Children with congenital heart diseases and the role of parents – A literature review
Clinical Management Dissertation Topics
- Clinical governance strategies and practices at National Health Services
- Hospitalised patients with diabetes and clinical decision support systems
- Developing optimum strategies for management of patients in adult intensive care units
- Clinical management of patients with prostate cancer – The risks and challenges
- Effectively managing elderly patients in clinical setting
- Optimal management plan for patients with post-traumatic stress issues
- Use of advanced technology tools to improve clinical management efficiency
- To study various management strategies in surgical cases
WHY CHOOSE US
- Research Prospect Ltd hireshighly qualified academic writers from the UKand USA. All our writers hold Masters/PHD degrees from recognised universities.
- Our writers are able to work with various referencing styles including APA, MLA, Oxford, and Harvard referencing system.
- All papers completed by writers are checked on the plagiarism software
- We offerdissertation writing servicesfor all academic subjects including management, business, engineering, marketing, education, nursing, media, culture, fashion, construction, operations managements and History.
- Our customer services team guarantees response with 20 minutes of receiving your order.
- Our quality control team thoroughly checks each paper completed by our writers to identify and eliminate any grammatical, structural, formatting, and spelling errors.
How to place your order with Research Prospect Ltd:
- Placing your order with Research Prospect is extremely simple.
- Open the Order Now page and fill in all the empty fields.
- Make sure to select your academic subject and the service type (full dissertation, dissertation part, dissertation proposal, dissertation outline etc)
- Do not forget to attach relevant/useful data and files to your order. (This will help our writers to understand your research requirements in detail and quote an appropriate fee)
- Receive free quotes from our writers
- Make Payment
- Your completed dissertation paper will be delivered to your email address on or before the due deadline.
Pursuing nursing degree, in major fields of research, requires a number of important considerations when it comes to the dreaded course of your dissertation. Among those is the treacherous task of picking your nursing dissertation topic.
A lot of examples of dissertation topics in nursing you see on the Internet are either already used or not of great quality. To show you the quality of our custom dissertation topics in nursing, we are writing blog posts for many major fields of research, giving away nursing research titles for undergraduate, masters and PhD students. This is one of those blog posts and here’s your list of nursing dissertation topics suitable for any level of research.
- Paediatric Care Standards in the UK: Comparing Nursing Practices in NHS Backed Hospitals and Private Institutions
Paediatric nursing dissertation topics have gained much popularity in student research over the past few years and paediatric nursing is now a leading field in academic healthcare studies.
This title will make a great study if you are interested in the legal or social aspects of nursing practices in the country. Not only will it show the difference between the caregiving standards of public and private institutions, there will be much to say on how the government is working over providing good healthcare to the public. With the aim of comparing the two kinds of paediatric nursing care, you will be able to make a fascinating set of study objectives that could be achieved both qualitatively and quantitatively.
- Retention of Diploma holding Nursing Students to Degree Programmes in the UK
The title is self-explanatory. It falls under nursing education and training, which is a very interesting area of research.
With this title, you can build a firm quantitative study about how many of the nursing diplomas issued in the UK turn into a bachelor’s degree. The study should also talk about the factors that affect this retention into higher education.
If you’re more of a qualitative researcher, you could tweak the title a little and focus on reasons why nursing students are/are not taking up a degree after getting their diplomas.
- Critical Care Nursing: Studying Patient Safety Protocols in the UK and USA
This nursing dissertation title will make a comparative study between critical care nursing standards of two countries (you can change the countries to suit your preferences). It is suitable for students who are interested in studying nursing policies and practices internationally. The aim of the study should be to make recommendations for the country of publication from the conclusions drawn out of the two studied countries.
There is plenty of literature available on critical care nursing in various countries to construct the title into a secondary data based study (if you can get access to institutions in both countries, go for getting empirical data for your study).
- Administrative Problems faced by Adult Nursing Staff in London
This title is all about what the nurses deserve and what they are getting, keeping the study’s focus on adult nursing practices in a city. The research objectives could include studying both public and private, or either, institutions to peruse current data on what kind of administrative problems adult nursing staff is facing and what is being done to lessen these experiences.
Likert-scale based quantitative data could cater statistical analyses of nurses’ responses about such problems and construct recommendations for the institutions and policy makers of the city.
- Studying the Subject Matter and Trends of Nursing Research Published in British Journal of Nursing (2001-2016)
This desk research title is for those students who would much prefer studying in the library in front of a computer screen with hot coffee by their side than going out in the field and collecting data.
The title focuses on BJN, a renowned publication in nursing and healthcare academia, and a number of strategies can be applied to study the literature they have published. You take your pick.
- The Role of Midwives in Providing Medical Services to Pregnant Women of XXX (any rural area)
Choose any particular rural area in any developing country where access to mainstream medical services is still a problem. Discuss the important role of midwives in such a situation and provide recommendations on how they can become part of the medical services through proper training.
- Risk of At-Home Management of Cold in Children: Role of Nurses in Improving Awareness among Caregivers
Research has raised concern over inadequacy of home-based management of cold in children by their caregivers and have highlighted the risks associated with poor management. The study will explain how nurses can play an important role in improving awareness among caregivers on whether or not to rely on home-based management and the adequate strategy for it.
- Practice of Breast Feeding among Career Women in the UK/US: Personal, Social and Legal Challenges
Students searching for nursing dissertation topics specifically for UK or US, breast feeding is a very popular one. Choose any specific clinic in a premises of highly educated neighborhood where you expect percentage of career women to be high and interview them about challenges they face with regard to labor laws, social attitude toward breast feeding and their personal preferences that can influence their practice of breast feeding.
- How effective is Long Distance Online Learning for Nurses? Attitude of Students and Teachers
Nursing being a practical subject is hard to be taught through long-distance learning. However, improvement in online technology has providedupgraded and better options for such learning. The study will survey students and teachers of a long-distance learning program to examine their attitude toward the effectiveness of such a learning program.
- Attitude and Behavior of Nurses and other Health Care Providers towards HIV Positive Patients: The Factor of Sexual Orientation.
The research will examine whether the sexual orientation of nurses and health care providers and their perceived sexual orientation of HIV positive patient influences their attitude towards the patients. The main motivation is a negative belief is society regarding sexual orientation of such patients as a large number of patients have been reported to be homosexual.
- Frequency of Screening among Patients Post Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation attending XXX.
Allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation requires proper post-transplantation management in order to protect patients from side-effects, leading to cases of morbidity and mortality. This is a recommended nursing dissertation topic for student who can access any medical institution providing stem cell transplantation.
- Psychological Well Being of Nurses Working in Intensive Care Unit
The fast-paced challenging environment of Intensive Care Unit is expected to cause psychological pressure on nurses working there. The study will use pre-designed general psychological health scale to measure well-being of nurses working in ICU.
- Factor Influencing Cognitive and Language Development among Premature Birth Infants: A Meta-Analysis.
To have a complete list of factors that can influence cognitive and language development among children born before the completion of 9 month period, the study will conduct a meta-analysis.
- Safety Protocols for Research on Domestic Violence: The Knowledge and Attitude of Nursing Students.
While there are safety protocols for protection of participants in any research involving cases of domestic violence, there is lack of research on how adequate are the guidelines regarding such safety protocols provided to the students. The study measure the knowledge and attitude of students about these safety protocols.
- Nurse-Physician Interaction During Emergency: A Case Study of XXX Hospital in Palestine/Syria/Yemen.
Expanding the body of research on nurse-physician interaction, the study will be conducted in any hospital where civil war conditions and terrorism has increased the frequency of emergency cases. In addition the security of health care providers in such areas is also at high risk and their healthy interaction is important from the angle of peer-support.
- Am I Healthy Now? Lifestyle Changes among Cancer Survivors After Successful Treatment.
The study is aimed to understand the life style changes among cancer survivors in order to live a healthy and prolonged life after treatment. For students of nursing schools, the topic provides insight to the intervention they can provide for supporting such patients.
- Power Relations among Nurses and Hospital Management: The recommendation for improvement.
While nurses have important decision making role for providing timely care to patients, hospital management often overlook the need of professional autonomy among nurses. The study converses upon the power relations between nurses and hospital management to highlight strategies for improving it.
- Quality of Care Provided to Patients of Acute Myocardial Infraction: Comparison of Day and Night Shift.
The study measures quality of care provided to patients of Acute Myocardial Infraction in a particular setting, controlling other environmental factors and compares the values for day and night shift. The aim is to examine whether there is decline in care provided during night shift.
- Education and Socio-Economic Status Affecting Smoking During Pregnancy: A Systematic Review.
The aim of the study is to compare the recent empirical studies and clinical trials on parental smoking during pregnancy and to examine the effect of education and socio-economic status.
- The Lived Experience of Women with Infertility: A Phenomenological Inquiry.
This qualitative and phenomological study will explore the experiences of women with infertility to highlight the social challenges faced by them and the coping mechanism such women adopt.
- Evaluating the Effectiveness of Health Education Provided to Mothers of Children with Very Low Birth Weight.
Using a quasi-experimental technique, the study compares the knowledge and child-care practices of mothers of children with very low birth weight in intervention and control group. Women in intervention group will attend a health education program.
Paid Topic Consultation Service
In this service, We will send you few topics as per your requirements. After you approve a topic, on an approved topic, you will get dissertation topic brief of at least 250-word which includes;
- An explanation why we choose this topic.
- 2-3 research questions.
- Key literature resources identification.
- Suitable methodology with identification of raw sample size, and data collection method
- View a sample of topic consultation service
Get expert dissertation writing help to achieve good grades
By placing an order with us, you can get;
- Writer consultation before payment to ensure your work is in safe hands.
- Free topic if you don't have one
- Draft submissions to check the quality of the work as per supervisor's feedback
- Free revisions
- Complete privacy
- Plagiarism Free work
- Guaranteed 2:1 (With help of your supervisor's feedback)
- 2 Instalments plan
- Special discounts
That’s all, ladies and gents. If you liked any of these titles and want to use them, comment below and tell us how you will change them to match your needs. All the best!